Are you are having a virtual Girls Night Out with your friends across the country or across town? Holding a business meeting with people all working remotely? Video conferencing has become a part of our lives. Zoom is a well known video conferencing solutions. It is fairly easy to use, and it has a free version. We have created an easy step by step video to help you learn how to set up Zoom and join a meeting. Click here for more information about Zoom.
To set up Zoom and join a meeting, follow the steps illustrated in the video above. Below are some additional notes that may help you.
Things to Understand
- Use Zoom in a browser at the website Zoom.us or through an app. Runs on almost every device. It works on phones, tablets and computers.
- Zoom works more seamlessly and has more options in the app versions of the program than it does through the browser.
- Zoom app is free. Download from Apple’s App Store, Google’s PlayStore, or Zoom.us.
- We recommend you download the app on your device before you begin. It is not necessary but it will make the process easier.
Set up a meeting
- Only the host of meeting needs a Zoom account.
- Attendees don’t need a Zoom account.
- There are no restrictions if there is only one other person in the meeting.
- Maximum meeting length of 40 minutes or free accounts
- You can have Zoom send the email notification of the meeting, or you can copy the link and send it yourself in an email or a text message.
- Anyone with the link can attend the meeting.
- The host can remove people from a meeting, and can mute and turn off video for any attendee as well.
Attend a meeting
- When you receive the link via email or text, just click on it.
- Zoom will try to play a meeting in the app, so if you are not using the app you will need to take a couple extra steps to continue in the browser.
- Turn on and off Video and Audio Sharing during the meeting.
Give us a call and we can help if you have questions.