Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What does it cost to use SDM Foundation's services?
- Our services are FREE!!!
- What if I have no idea how to use a computer or tablet?
- Then SDM Foundation is the place for you!
- Is SDM Foundation sponsored by a technology company? Will you try to sell me something?
- Absolutely not! Our funding is private. We are not sponsored by any technology companies, we are not selling any products, and we are not receiving any kind of commissions.
- Does SDM Foundation repair computers?
- No, we do not repair computers. We are here to help you learn how to use your device.
- Do I have to have my own computer or device?
- We encourage you to bring your own device if you need help using it. We also have numerous devices that you can borrow while you are in our shop.
SDM's Pinterest Page
SDM Video Lessons
Computer Repair Resources
- Computer Accessibility Features
- Computer Accessibility Features in Spanish
- GCF Lessons
- CGF Lessons in Spanish
- CGF Lessons in Portuguese
- BBC Online Lessons
- Digital Learn
- Atomic Learning*
- Lynda Lessons*
- Excel Easy
- CodeCademy.com - mostly for programming (coding)
- Duolingo.com - languages
- Pronunciator - languages (need to have login information from your local library)
*requires some form of paid subscription.
- Harvard Guide to Evaluating Web Sources
- What is Wikipedia and should I rely on it?
- How a journalist can tell if a website is reputable
- Medline Plus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing
- Trust it or Trash it - Guidelines to evaluating information on the web
- SeniorNet - Helpful Apps for Seniors
- The Privacy Enthusiast's Guide to Using an iPhone